Since starting the company from his garage in 2003, 3 Blind Mice owner Scot Dietz had been doing most of the company marketing himself, but in late 2012, decided he needed help!
We were brought in to develop and launch a comprehensive inbound marketing strategy which included the creation of a new website, comprehensive social media presence, and targeted SEO & PPC campaigns for his San Diego blinds & shutters company.
- Outdated WordPress website using basic blog theme
- Not mobile or tablet-friendly
- No social components
- Little reporting or analysis being done on web traffic
- No conversion tracking
- Five figure ad spend without one tracked conversion
- Campaigns used high-cost, low click through keywords
- No use of negative keywords
- Ad Groups were using one generic ad for all keywords
- All ads used the homepage as landing page
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Blog
- Poorly optimized profiles, not linked or verified properly
- Very little activity
- Optimized existing theme and site structure and content for search
- Developed taxonomy, intra-linking profile, and information hierarchy to put content in “silos” related to high-value keyword phrases
- Implemented rewrite rules to replace dynamic URLs with static, keyword-rich URLs and automated creation and submission of XML sitemap
- Implemented channel agnostic lead-tracking script and business process
- Complete overhaul of Google AdWords account structure, keywords, bid-levels, and ad copy
- Utilized ad extensions to increase ad relevance and CTR
- Iterative optimization of ad text, bid levels, keywords & targeting
- Designed, developed, and optimized landing pages through A/B testing
- Designed, developed and launched a new WordPress Website
- Launched August 2013
- Created robust taxonomy and schema for Product and Image listings
- Integrated new, on-page Image Galleries & Ajax Gallery for viewing products.
- Expanded video content / converted all existing video content to mobile friendly h.264 format
- Integrated social media sharing including “Pin It” button on all photos.
- Dedicated link-building campaign for terms related to Window Treatments
- Launched comprehensive social media strategy and presence including:
- New accounts on Houzz.com, Pinterest, Google+, and LinkedIn
- Migrated YouTube videos from Owner’s personal account to Company account.
- Personal accounts for sales people and “influencers” with-in the organization
Full results coming soon, in the meantime, check out these charts showing total visits and conversions and then conversion rate vs cost-per-conversion over the last year since we took over PPC management.